Riverside Cottage (the ‘river’, stream more like, now runs in a conduit) but in the past sheep were washed before shearing in the ‘shut’ a stone bath just outside. The cottage forms part of ‘Riverside’ and was originally the stone-built barn attached to the old farmhouse. The building is one of the oldest in the village and dates back to 1742. The ‘barn’ was converted ten years ago and it offers a mixture of modern and traditional features with the lounge and bedrooms having exposed beams. It has a warm and spacious feel.